September 1st, 2017
What Makes Us Special
Educated, Expert Training Staff
Our team of Personal Trainers are not simply people who enjoy fitness. Rather, they are experts who hold degrees in exercise science with focused study in exercise physiology, biomechanics, motor learning, and nutrition. Additionally, they hold certifications from organizations including the American College of Sports Medicine, the gold standard in the field of exercise science. Clients come to Discover Strength to learn from and be pushed by our team of experts.
We want to see you no more than twice per week. Our average workout is approximately 30 to 45 minutes. You’ll be working out from the time you walk in until the time you leave. Our approach yields far better results in far less time. The scientific research is very clear: For best results, strength train less, but strength train harder.
Our entire fitness prescription is based on peer-reviewed scientific research. Rather than jump on the latest fitness fad or market-driven trend, we look at the scientific evidence to determine what will work best for you. This may not be a popular approach. But we’re more concerned with helping you produce great results than we are with being popular.
What do we offer?
We’re fanatical about one thing: strength training. Every day, our expert, educated personal trainers deliver time efficient strength training workouts that are underpinned by science. The result? A safer and smarter training experience.
1-on-1 training. Your time is your money, so train like it.
Small Group training. The category that we created. A 3 client to 1 trainer ratio. Often imitated, never duplicated.
Bod Pod testing. Track progress with the gold standard for body composition testing.
Habitat For Humanity
Wine Women Shoes – Amplatz Children’s Hospital
Minnetonka High School Vantage Program
University of Minnesota Goal Line Club
Silent auction gifts to:
- Forest Hills PTO Fundraiser 2017
- MDA Muscle Team Gala 2017
- Lakeville Public Safety Foundation – Police and Firefighter’s Ball 2017
- The Red Affair – Avenues for Homeless Youth
- Red Dress Gala – Women’s Heart Health
- Twin Cities Pet Rescue
Ask The Personal Training Expert
Luke Carlson founded Discover Strength in 2006. Today, Luke speaks around the world about both our unique approach to business as well as our evidence-based approach to strength training. Discover Strength continues to serve as the embodiment of our founder’s passions.
1. Work with purpose. At the end of the day, the work we do matters. What we go to work on, goes to work on us.
2. Scientific discovery. We plan, conduct, publish, and share scientific research.
3. Become the best customer service company in the world. We are inspired by companies like the Ritz Carlton and Nordstrom. We strive to become a company known for our customer service.
4. Master of the craft. The Discover Strength Personal Trainer is on a constant journey toward mastering the craft.
5. Career success for the personal trainer. Luke was committed to building an organization where personal trainers could establish lucrative careers.
6. Build a great company. We study, implement, and aster the fundamentals of leadership, management, and business. We are clock builders, not time-tellers. Ultimately, the company itself is our greatest product.